[PMAY] Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana 2022 Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G) or Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana (PMGAY) is a communal welfare program initiated by the government of India with the intention to provide low-cost housing to the people residing in the rural areas of the nation. This program is in harmony with the government’s initiative of providing ‘Housing for all by the year 2022.
Features of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana 2022
- Modern technology like information communication and space technology is being used to make sure the accurate selection of beneficiaries
- PMGAY combines all of the following schemes together – The aadhaar platform, Skill India and Jan Dhan Yojana, and Make in India. Besides this, the government is also planning to deploy the MGNREGA scheme to train and allocate labor
- The Swachh Bharat and MGNREGA amongst other institutions funded toilets for the PMGAY scheme
- PMAY-G beneficiaries are entitled to get 90 days of wage employment in districts under an integrated action plan (IAP)
- Drinking water will be supplied to houses under the PMAY-G scheme by the National Rural Drinking Water program (NRDWP)
- Clean and efficient cooking fuel will be provided to the beneficiaries of PMAY-G
- Solid and liquid wastes of the households under the PMAY-G scheme will be managed
- Several amenities such as bio-fenced steps, paved pathways, roads, etc. will be provided to the beneficiaries of the PMAY-G housing
- 1 crore pucca houses are to be constructed for the people of rural areas in the next three years
- Totally, 4 crore households will be constructed under the PMAY-G scheme by the year 2022
- The estimated total expenditure of PMAY-G is Rs.60,000 crore
- The size of each unit will be revised to 25 square meters. Earlier, the size of each unit stood at 20 square meters
- The funds will be transferred electronically and directly to the beneficiaries
Also Read: IPPB Recruitment 2022 Notification Out for 41 Manager & AM Posts
Eligibility Criteria for PMAY Gramin: Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana
- Scheduled Tribes / Scheduled Castes
- Freed bonded laborers
- Minorities and non–SC/ST rural households in the BPL category
- Widows and next-of-kin to defense personnel/paramilitary forces killed in action (irrespective of their income criteria), ex-servicemen, and retirement Scheme
- The family applying for a loan under this scheme must include a husband, wife, and child/children that are unmarried
- The family must not own a pucca house
- The applicant and his family must fulfill the income criteria mandated by this scheme and has to belong to either the EWS (Economically Weaker Section), LIG (Lower Income Group), or BPL (Below Poverty Line) category
- The income of the applicant’s family should be between Rs.3 lakh and Rs.6 lakh p.a.
- For any loan amount above Rs.6 lakh, the interest rate on the additional amount will be as per the market rate
Documents Required for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana:
Proof of identity:
- PAN card
- Voter ID card
- Aadhaar card
- Driving license
- Photo credit card
- Photo identity card issued by the Government
- A letter issued by a recognized public authority that confirms the identity of the customer with a photograph
Proof of address:
- A letter issued by a recognized public authority confirming the identity and residence of the applicant
- Rent agreement
- Life insurance policy
- Residence address certificate
- Voter ID card
- Aadhaar card
- Proof of income:
- Last six months’ bank statement
- ITR receipts
- Salary slips for the previous two months
- Proof of purchase of the property (if applicable):
- Sale deed
- Sale/purchase agreement
Property registration certificate (if available)Copy of receipt of payment made to the developer (if applicable)One must make sure that he/she is eligible for the subsidy before application. Also, the applicant should check whether his/her name is present on the beneficiary’s list as well to receive the subsidy benefit.
How to Apply For PMAY – Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
Step 1: Visit the official government website belonging to PMAY.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Citizen Assessment’ option under the ‘Menu’ tab.
Step 3: An applicant must enter his/her Aadhaar number.
Step 4: With the successful submission of the Aadhaar number, he/she will be redirected to the application page.
Step 5: The applicant must proceed to enter all relevant details on this page, including income details, personal details, bank account details, and other necessary information.
Step 6: Applicants should recheck all information before submission.
Step 7: Once a person clicks on the ‘save’ option, he/she will find a unique application number.
Step 8: Applicants should, next, download the filled-in application form.
Step 9: Finally, the person can deposit the form at his/her nearest CSC office or a financial institution offering PMAY. He/she must also submit all necessary documents along with the form.
Alternatively: individuals can opt for the offline application procedure and approach an authorized bank branch to apply for the scheme if they find the online process inconvenient.
Apply Online And Official Website Click Here
Search Beneficiary List of PMAY Click Here
Who is eligible for Pradhan Manti Awas Yojana?
The following individuals and families are eligible for this scheme:
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) – Families with an annual income up to Rs. 3 Lakh.
- Low Income Group (LIG) – Families with an annual income between Rs. 3 Lakh and Rs. 6 Lakh.
- Middle Income Group I (MIG I) – Families with an annual income between Rs. 6 Lakh and Rs. 12 Lakh.
- Middle Income Group II (MIG II) – Families with an annual income between Rs. 6 Lakh and Rs. 12 Lakh.
- Women belonging to EWS and LIG categories.
- Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Other Backward Classes (OBC).
- In addition to the above, beneficiaries can avail the benefits of this scheme by meeting the following few eligibility criteria –
- He/she must not own a house to fulfill the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana eligibility.