MRID Vadodara B.Des / M.Des Admission 2020
Maharaja RanjitSinh Gaekwad Institute of Design (MRID) has Invites Application for the Bachelor of Design (B.Des) Master Of Design (M.Des) Admission. MRID offers design courses at the Graduate and post Graduate levels specializing in Craft and Design, Communication Design, Accessory Design, Ceramic & Glass and Moving Images. The Degrees offered are Bachelor of Design [B.Des] and Master of Design [M.Des]. MRID is intending to create an advantageous academic environment of creative minds working in pure visual arts along with Craft and Modern Design.
- Bachelor Of Design (B.Des)
- Master Of Design (M.Des)
- A Candidate must have passed HSC (General or Science stream) Examination of Gujarat State or an equivalent examination only, as a REGULAR student with minimum of 50 percent of marks in aggregate only shall be eligible to apply.
- All students who have appeared in the HSC examination of Gujarat State HSC Education Board or any other equivalent examination in the current academic year only as a REGULAR student with ENGLISH as one of the subject and waiting for the result of the Final Examination can apply.
- Reservation policies shall be in accordance with the rules of the Government of Gujarat in force from time to time.
- All the admissions, till the issuance of the Enrollment Certificate, shall be regarded as provisional and subject to confirmation and approval by the appropriate authority of the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda.
- A Candidate who have passed B.Des or BVA or BA/B.Sc/BTech from a recognized University or Diploma from a reputed institute like NID, NIFT, IIT or IICD as a REGULAR student with minimum of 50 per cent of marks in aggregate only shall be eligible to apply.
Admission to B.Des and M.Des Course shall be finalized on the basis of the performance of a student in
the Entrance Test comprising of Practical Test, Written Test and Personal Interview.
PRACTICAL TEST: It will be based on finding of skills of the students through
WRITTEN TEST Written Test would consist of English Language Proficiency, Understanding of
Visual Arts, Culture, Design and Craft.
Total Fees per Year [Approx] Rs. 1,39,000 /-
1) Other Fees would be applicable as per University Rules from Time to Time.
2) Any Fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
3) Examination and Hostel Fees (if required) will be additional to above mentioned fees.
Candidate shall be given maximum 15 working days to deposit fees. The admission of the candidate,
who fail to pay the fees in such given time limit, shall automatically stand as cancelled and the candidate from the waiting list shall be offered the same seat.
- B.Des: 70 Students per batch
- M.DES: 20 Students per batch
- Minimum percentage for the students to be eligible for the First/Second Choice of specialization will be 70% of marks in overall result (practical and theory combined).
- Along with marks one must have minimum 80% of attendance in the academic year.
- Once the students fulfill the above condition then only he/she is eligible to get his/her choice of specialization as per the number of seats available and the merit score.
- Final decision will be by specialization selection committee and will not be changed under any circumstances.
- Last Date: 31-07-2020