IPR Application For PhD In Physics 2020
Institute for Plasma Research (IPR) Invites Application For the PhD In Physics, Apply Before 10th July 2020.
Institute for Plasma Research (IPR) is a premier scientific research institute under the Department of
Atomic Energy, Government of India, located in Bhat Village, Gandhinagar, Gujarat. IPR is engaged in
development of plasma technologies for societal benefits and fusion research. It has indigenously
developed ADITYA and SST-1 tokamaks. It is also a domestic agency of ITER (International
Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor, Caderache France) and a part of consortium in the international
LIGO (Laser Interferometer Gravitational Observatory) program. It has extension laboratories at
Facilitation Center for Industrial Plasma Technologies in Gandhinagar, Gujarat and Center for Plasma
Physics (CPP) at Guwahati. Highly motivated candidates are hereby invited to pursue doctoral research in theory, experiment and computational plasma physics at IPR on wide variety of fields such as Dusty
plasma, Laser-Plasma interaction, Industrial Plasma, Fusion Plasma, Tokamaks and Radiofrequency
Discharges and Applications etc.
- M.Sc. in one of the following subjects: Physics, Engineering Physics or Applied Physics with a minimum aggregate of 60%. Candidates must have Physics and Mathematics courses at the under graduate level. Candidates expecting a Master’s degree (M. Sc.) in the year 2020 can also apply.
- The candidates MUST have qualified at least one of the following national level examinations: (i) JEST–2020 (in Physics) (ii) GATE in Physics (Paper code PH) valid for 2018/2019/2020 and (iii) CSIR–UGC-JRF-NET in June 2019 or December 2019 in Physical Sciences (Subject code PHY).
- Not more than 26 years as on 1st Aug. 2020 (born on or after 01/08/1994). Age relaxation is admissible to SC/ST/OBC/PWD etc. as per Government of India orders on the subject from time to time.
- SC/ST – 5 Years; OBC – 3 Years and Persons with disability (PWD) of all categories – 10 Years.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to appear for an interview. The final selection of the candidates shall be based on performance in the interview.
- The candidates have the option to either appear for the interview online [OI], or physically present [PI] during interview at IPR. Online-interviews will commence from 28th July 2020. The exact dates for online interview will be announced on IPR website as well as it will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates in due course. The guidelines for OI interviews can be found here (http://www.ipr.res.in/PHD2020/OI_guidelines.php). The interview dates for the candidates, who wishes to be physically present at IPR [PI], shall be announced later. For any query related to the above, please write at email@example.com.
- The Candidates are requested to confirm their choice of participation (OI or PI) during the filling of online application form available in the IPR website http://www.ipr.res.in/documents/jobs_career.html (ADVT # 04/2020).
- Consolidated stipend of Rs. 31,000/- per month for first two years and Rs. 35,000/- per month for the next three years. Book grant of Rs. 40,000/- per year. Medical facility will be provided at IPR INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR PhD in PHYSICS-2020 a nominal charge. House rent allowance (HRA) as per IPR rules and regulations for those candidates who choose NOT to stay in IPR hostel.
- Limited hostel accommodations are available in IPR premises for selected candidates. Women candidates and candidates with PWD shall be given preference for Hostel accommodation. Candidates are requested to mention their respective choice of accommodation in the application form.
- 1. Opening Date for Online Application: 21 JUNE 2020 (Time: 10:00 AM, IST)
- 2. Closing Date for Online Application: 10 JULY 2020 (Time: 5:00 PM, IST)
- 3. Commencement of Online-Interview: 28 JULY 2020
- 4. Date of Physical-Interview at IPR: To be Announced later