Gujarat National Law University Recruitment 2020
Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) Invites Application for the post of Assistant Professor (Research) under the project of Gujarat State Biotechnology Mission (GSBTM).
It is a good opportunity for all the interested candidates who are looking for jobs in Gujarat National Law University (GNLU). For more information related to Educational Qualification, Age Criteria, Selection Mode, Important Date and other Eligibility process please read the below article carefully. Also must read the official advertisement in detail before applying.
- Assistant Professor
- Master’s Degree in Law with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university
- National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET
- Good knowledge of latest national and international research trends and developments in relevant area;
- Ability to conceptualize and organize international training workshops and brainstorming online/on-site discussions apart from teaching/Research;
- Fluency in English language.
- Experience in teaching/research in premier law universities/colleges in relevant area;
- Excellent inter-personal and team-building skills;
- Ability to innovate and to improve academic programmes or services and to pursue interesting new ideas and new methods.
- Rs.56,100/- Fixed
Roles and Responsibilities: Under the guidance of Director, GNLU Centre for Environment and Sustainable Development / Project Director, the incumbent shall perform the following roles and responsibilities;
- Generating awareness amongst different stakeholders of biotechnology which primarily includes, but is not limited to, researchers, at various levels in different government and private organizations of the state.
- Training researchers in to the process of government approval for biotechnology research, products or processes and the scientific data and other requirements for the approval.
- Examine the emerging social and economic issues arising from the use of new biotechnologies from a legal and ethical perspective and share current trends and essential elements of ethics, legal issues, and regulations.
- To provide a forum for multidisciplinary dialogue and reflection between lawyers, ethicists, bio scientists, clinicians, policy makers and other stakeholders.
- Explore related areas such as law and genetics, research on human tissues and stem cells, biosecurity, bio- banks and gene patents.
- Act as a forum for exchange of ideas between bio scientists, lawyers, bioethicists, policy makers, the biotech industry and other stakeholders.
- Conduct interdisciplinary research in relevant areas of law in collaboration with teaching and research staff including honorary members and students;
- Provide research assistance to teaching and research staff as and when required;
- Develop, plan, execute, monitor and report interdisciplinary research in collaboration with external universities, institutions, government departments, industrial and economic agencies, judiciary within India and abroad;
- Provide research counseling and scholastic assistance to Teaching and Research Associates;
- Provide input to teaching faculty on latest research developments and emerging research trends in respective fields;
- Perform any other duties including administrative, coordination, etc. as required to achieve the aims and objectives of the University.
- Candidates will be selected based on an interview.
How To Apply:
- Mode of interview: The mode of interview will be online through Cisco Webex Meetings. The interested applicants are required to send their CV / Biodata / Resume at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Tuesday, 14 July 2020. Upon receipt of the email, the university will be sending a link for participation in the interview.
- On line Interview: Wednesday, 15 July 2020