Gujarat Road Accident Victim Compensation Scheme 2022 | Vahan Akasmat Sahay Yojana application form Rs 50000 claim form, registration process. Gujarat Vahan Akasmat Yojana Every year thousands of people lose their life due to car accidents. Car accidents are fatal incidents in a city and they are becoming more frequent these days. Different departments of the government are taking steps to reduce fatal accidents. Strict traffic rules have been imposed in many cities to reduce the speed of the vehicles, still, accidents are very common in the city due to various reasons.
Gujarat Road Accident Victim Compensation Scheme 2022
- Government of Gujarat has launched Gujarat Road Accident Victim Compensation Scheme 2022. This scheme is an attempt to save the life of the victims in a road accident. Under this scheme, the state government will pay the hospital Rs. 50,000 for the treatment of the victim directly for forty-eight hours of treatment by the hospital.
- The best part about this scheme is that according to Government Resolution issued by the state’s Health and Family Welfare Department on May 17th, people who do not belong to Gujarat will also be treated under this scheme if they met with an accident in the state.
Gujarat Askasmat Sahay Yojana Apply 2022
- The aim of the scheme is to help people who meet with fatal accidents in the state. This monetary help will be very beneficial for the patients as they do not have to pay for the first forty-eight hours.
Features of the scheme :
- The state government will pay every road accident victim Rs. 50,000 as expenses for medical treatment for 48 hours from the accident.
- The state government will pay the hospital after the submission of bills and documents.
- Following treatments will be free- dressing of wounds, X-ray, blood transfusion, treatment in ICU, MRI, ECG and other treatments in the hospital.
- In case, the hospital transfers the patients to another hospital, then both hospitals will be reimbursed a total of Rs.50,000 under the scheme.
- The aim of this scheme is to provide better and fast treatment to the victims of road accident and to save human life.
- This scheme is also known as Vahan Akasmat Sahay Yojana.
- The purpose of this scheme is to provide better, quick and immediate medical assistance to the victims of the road accident.
- With the help of this scheme, victims of road accident can be admitted to any nearby healthcare without caring about the medical expenses.
- The operators of Ambulance are also directed to shift the patient to the best nearby hospital for the treatment of the patient.
- All the hospitals will be given guidelines about the new scheme and cooperation from all health centres will be appreciated.
- Private hospitals cannot charge the patient more than Rs 50,000 for the first 48 hours as they will get the reimbursement amount from the government.
Treatment covered under the scheme :
- Injury dressing
- Fracture stabilization
- Trauma treatment
- Head injury operation
- Intimate treatment unit (ICU)
- Abdominal injuries
- Gum injuries
What will not be paid by patient under the Gujarat Vahan Akasmat Sahay scheme?
- Under the scheme, the patient can be taken to one of the following health care- Private hospitals, Government hospitals, District Hospitals, medical college hospitals or any other recognized healthcare centre.
- The victims of the accident are not liable to pay any amount. Hospitals cannot charge patients for the treatment for the first 48 hours.
- If the patient is admitted to a private hospital, then the said hospital will submit the medical bills of the patient to the Chief District Medical Officer or the Medical Superintendent of the concerned District.
- The private hospitals will be entitled to receive Rs.50,000.
Gujarat Accident Compensation scheme Benefits :
- There are many benefits of the Gujarat Road Accident Victim Compensation Scheme 2022, the following are the benefits of the scheme-
- The scheme is for the permanent residents of the Gujarat state or any other person from the outside state who met with an accident in the state.Gujarat Vahan Akasmat Sahay Scheme
- The scheme will help in covering for the patient for first 48 hours from the accident.
- The healthcare centres where the patient is admitted will have to submit the bills to the Chief Medical Officer of the district in order to get the reimbursement.
- The patients will be treated in Gujarat regardless of their income, this is beneficial for the people who do not have cash on the spot.
- Many people who lack monetary assistance will be benefitted from this scheme.
- The intention of the state government is to provide better quality services to the residents of the state.
- This scheme will help to change the perception of people who are victims of road accidents. Usually, people don’t go to good hospitals as they believe it is very expensive and settle for hospitals with bad treatment. With the help of this scheme, this intention of people will be changed, now they can go to private hospitals or general hospitals to get better treatment.
Important Links :